FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS & TIPS
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- ProductiveMedic if offered free of charge to all medically qualified colleagues.
WHY SHOULD I REGISTER?
- Creating a user account gives you full access to the site including 70+ time-saving consultation template pages that are not suitable for public access. I’m looking to develop a section where users can share their personal templates for all the community to use.
- Get early access to new tools I’m building like the GP blood results pathways.
- COMING SOON: a private intra-net like cloud-based filing system for users to share commonly used admin (like GANFYD letters) and clinical reference documents that you can actually find in consultations!
ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE
- This website is best accessed via a desktop and a modern browser (NOT Internet Explorer!) – you are allowed to download google chrome onto your NHS work computer if it is not already installed.
- The aim is for the site to be used in consultations almost at a glance to act as a reminder for things like differential diagnoses and red flags. This is difficult to reproduce on small screens so responsiveness has been disabled on most of the site.
- To ensure quick access to information some pages are extremely dense with links that can be difficult to select on smaller screens. Where possible the links will open on the same page in the clinical reference tab on the right of your screen to again give you access at a glance.
- Some hyperlinks target specific pages deep inside PDF documents (e.g. this renal algorithm [PDF]), these links only work from desktops and should open in a new tab – saving all that time and stress we waste searching/scrolling for information while the patient waits.
KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS THAT WILL SAVE YOU TIME
Here are a few useful shortcuts that should work in most browsers and will help you navigate much more efficiently, find more here.
- Ctrl+Left Click – Open a link in a background tab.
- Shift+Left Click – Open a link in a new browser window.
- Ctrl+W, Ctrl+F4 – Close the current tab.
- Ctrl+Shift+T – Reopen the last closed tab.
- Ctrl+Tab – Switch to the next tab.
- Ctrl+Shift+Tab – Switch to the previous tab.